Q. How do I become a member of Incolink?
You cannot register yourself. Your current employer must register you by providing a written request with your personal details to register you with Incolink.

Q. How do I update my details?
Please advise Incolink of any change of details:
• In person - visit reception with identification (e.g. drivers licence)
• Phone - (03) 9639 3000
• Via WorkerLink
• Via the Incolink App

Q. How often are redundancy contributions paid into my account?
Redundancy contributions are paid monthly in arrears to Incolink on behalf of their employees.

Q. How often will I receive statements?
A quarterly benefit statement will be posted to you in
• February
• May
• August
• November
You can also nominate to receive your statements via email by changing your preferences in WorkerLink.

Q. Can I access my statement on line?
Yes, you can check a live balance online by logging in to WorkerLink.

Q. What is my employer required to pay to Incolink
Depending on the requirements of your workplace agreement, employers may be required to pay the following contributions to Incolink:
     • Redundancy
     • Portable Sick Leave (PSL)
     • Income Protection Insurance (IPT)
     • Industry Training Levy
     • Apprentice Levy

Q. What do I do if payments are missing or there are gaps in payments?
If contribution payments have not been made; contact your employer immediately. Where there are gaps in redundancy contributions and insurance contribution payments, no insurance cover will apply for those periods.

Q. Am I entitled to receive redundancy contributions if I work on a weekend?
No. Redundancy contributions apply from Monday – Friday only.

Q. Why don’t I receive interest on my funds?
Incolink manages employer contributions made to the fund on behalf of their employees each week they are on-site to provide a safety net for the employees should they become unemployed. The fund created by these contributions provides redundancy payments and a range of other benefits and services to building industry workers and their families as well as the broader industry.

Q. Can I get special tax treatment if my employer makes me redundant?
If you have a Severance account the funds will be regarded as income and will be treated as such by the Australian Taxation Office.
If you have selected a Genuine Redundancy Account you receive a different tax treatment to your funds.

Q. What is WorkerLink?
WorkerLink is Incolink’s online account management system for worker members to access and manage their Incolink account via the internet or smart phone.

Q. I want to use WorkerLink, what do I need to do?
As an Incolink member you will need a login and a password to access WorkerLink. You can register to use WorkerLink by visiting our web site and clicking on the WorkerLink tab. If you have activated your Incolink membership card you will have a login and password. If you haven’t activated your Incolink card, you can go to our web site and do so by clicking on the Activate Card tab or you can call Incolink (03) 9639 3000 so we can assist you.

Q. What if I forget my password?
If you forget your password, you can reset it by selecting Forgot Password when you reach the WorkerLink login area. This will send an email with a temporary password to your email address registered on your Incolink account.

Q. How can I access WorkerLink?
A. You can access WorkerLink via your computer, tablet or smart phone device at our website.

Q. Why is it important to check my balance and contributions?
By regularly checking your redundancy account balance and your contribution records you can ensure your payments are up to date and you are covered by relevant insurances. If there are any gaps in your payments it is important to follow up with your employer as you may not be insured.

Q. I want to make an Initial Claim.. What do I do?
WorkerLink allows workers to make their Initial Claim online. Go to WorkerLink , and follow the menu to make your Initial Claim.

Q. I’m an apprentice, can I use WorkerLink to view my entitlements?
Yes. Apprentices can access WorkerLink if they are registered with Incolink. Those receiving apprentice days and any insurance payments will be able to access their information via WorkerLink.

Q. What about my Privacy?
Incolink is required to comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) . We work in line with a Privacy policy which describes how we manage personal information (which may include sensitive information) that we hold about you. A full copy of the Privacy Policy is available here.

Q. What do I do if I lose my membership card?
Please notify Incolink as soon as possible if you lose your card, so we can arrange a new card. Please contact Incolink on (03) 9668 3000 between 8am and 5pm Monday to Friday or email redund@incolink.org.au

Q. I received my new Incolink membership card in the mail – What do I do next?
Follow the instructions sent out with your card to activate your card by logging into WorkerLink.

Q. I registered for an Incolink Membership card and still haven’t received it.
Your membership card will take between 10-14 days to arrive. If you have not received your card after this time you should call us as soon as possible on (03) 9668 3000 between 8am and 5pm Monday to Friday. Please ensure all your details that have been provided to Incolink are current.

Q. My details are incorrect on my new Membership card, who do I advise?
You should call us as soon as possible on (03) 9639 3000 between 8am and 5pm Monday to Friday.

Q. When can I claim my initial benefit payment?
You can make an Initial Claim when you become unemployed regardless of the reason for leaving your job

Q. How much will I be paid for my Initial Claim?
You will need to contact Incolink to confirm the amount paid in the Initial Claim. The Initial Claim amount increases annually on the 1st of October each year in line with annual movement in the CPI.

Q. How long does it take to receive my Initial Claim?
Once you have applied your Initial Claim it takes up to 48hrs for processing. However, if your claim is received before 10am you are likely to receive your benefit the next day.

Q. When can I claim the remaining balance of my account?
Your remaining balance is known as Balance of Funds You can claim your Balance of Funds
• If you are still unemployed after 4 weeks from your last termination date.
• If you have been out of the industry for more than 39 weeks (9 months) from your last termination date.
• If you are leaving the country for more than 2 years.
• If you are over 55 years of age and retiring.

Q. What do I need in order to make a claim?
There are two ways you can make a claim. To make a claim online, go to WorkerLink here. To make a paper claim, you can download the form from here. Please note you will need to supply supporting documentation as stipulated.

Q. Do I get taxed when I make a claim?
When processing the claim, Incolink will deduct tax at the current rate determined by the Australian Taxation Office.

Q. Do I need to supply my Tax File Number
It is not against the law for employee members not to provide Incolink with their Tax File Number (TFN).
However, if they do not provide us with their TFN or confirmation of their exemption from this requirement, tax will be deducted at the maximum marginal tax rate. When Incolink processes your claim, we will also send you a Group Certificate to use when making your annual tax return.

Q. What is a Genuine Redundancy?
Genuine redundancy occurs when a person’s employment is terminated because their position is no longer required.

The Australian Tax Office (ATO) defines ‘genuine redundancy’ as when the job the worker was doing is no longer required and the employment is terminated for this reason. This means the employee will not be replaced by another person and there is no agreement with the employer to be re-hired.

If a redundancy is a genuine redundancy the worker will qualify for a special tax concession on part or all of the funds received from their Genuine Redundancy Account.

Q. My funds are currently held with another fund; can I transfer them to Incolink?
If you have your redundancy funds held by a reciprocal fund you can complete a Request to Transfer to a Reciprocating Fund form and your funds will be transferred to Incolink. You can download the form here.

Please note: Incolink will need your employment history in writing, and your employer must be a registered member of Incolink. Your employment history is required to calculate the tax free component for a genuine redundancy claim.

Q. Will I still be eligible for Incolink insurances, if I switch my funds to a Genuine Redundancy Account?
Yes, you will be eligible for insurance benefit as long as your contributions are up-to-date.

Q. Once I select a Genuine Redundancy Account can I switch back to a Severance accounts?
No, once you select to change your Incolink account to a Genuine Redundancy Account and the 14 day cooling off period is completed, you cannot return to a Severance Account.

Q. Are Genuine Redundancy payments classed as income? Does this mean I am required to declare the money as income at tax time?
Incolink’s Genuine Redundancy Account provides a tax free amount to eligible workers; these funds are not reported as income. Refer to Tax information on Genuine Redundancy Account Payments on the ATO website. The ATO also provides a redundancy calculator here.

On your group certificate, any Genuine Redundancy Account payments will be shown on the PAYG summary as a lump sum payment (Item D). However, any funds paid to workers over the tax free limit will be taxed and is therefore reported as income. Incolink will issue a group certificate for these funds.

Q. A worker selects an Incolink Genuine Redundancy Account and then is made genuinely redundant and claims his balance, when he picks up his next job,Does he have to remain in the Incolink Genuine Redundancy scheme?
No, unlike other funds, Incolink allows you to select your redundancy account type each time you begin a new registration.

Q. How long does it take for my funds to be transferred to an Genuine Redundancy Account?
Once you advise Incolink to transfer your funds to a Genuine Redundancy Account, a cooling-off period of 14 days will apply. Once the 14 days have elapsed you will be unable to return to a Severance Account.

Q. Can I apply to claim my account balance as a Genuine Redundancy during the 14 day cooling-off period?
No, Workers cannot submit a Genuine Redundancy claim while we are processing an application to change their account into a Genuine Redundancy Account.
If you are made redundant during this time, and want to make a claim - it will be treated as a Severance Account claim.

Q. I am a casual employee; can I hold an Incolink Genuine Redundancy Account?
No, due to the nature of casual employment conditions Incolink Genuine Redundancy Accounts are not available to casual workers.

Q. What happens if my employer has gone into insolvency and I cannot contact them to confirm my genuine redundancy claim?
If you are unable contact your previous employer due to the employer suffering insolvency, you will need to contact the liquidators handling the insolvency to complete the employers section of the Claim Form and confirm your claim.

Q. I’ve claimed my Initial Benefit from my Severance Account. Can I now move my account to an Incolink Genuine Redundancy Account?
Yes, however, there are two options:
• If you are intent on claiming the remainder of your Severance Account balance you cannot move your account as we are unable to back date a genuine redundancy and you must wait the 14 day cooling off        period.
• If you are working again you are able to transfer your account to an Incolink Genuine Redundancy Account. If you are then made genuinely redundant from this job after the cooling off period you can make a claim on your Genuine Redundancy Account.

Q. Can I claim part of my Genuine Redundancy Account balance?
No, workers with a genuine redundancy account will be paid the entire balance of their account upon making a claim.

Q. What insurance coverage do I have?
For more information download a copy of the Incolink Accident and Illness Benefits Insurance brochure.

Q: If I am not working am I still covered by insurances
A worker will continue to be covered for a period of nine consecutive months from the last recorded and paid redundancy contribution and/or Apprentice days to Incolink, provided they:
• are unemployed, and
• remain in or are actively seeking work in the commercial building and construction industry, and
• are registered as seeking work with IncolinkJobSupport, Centrelink or equivalent.

Q. Who will assess my claim?
Total Claims Solutions who have been appointed as claims managers of the insurance company and are responsible for managing all claims

Q. Do I need to get all sections of the claim form completed?
Yes, a claim form cannot be considered until we receive the form accurately completed in FULL. Incomplete answers and vague information will delay the assessment of your claim.

Q. What other information do I need to submit with my claim?
Copies of any medical reports and/or discharge summary, patient notes, radiologist’s reports that you may have been provided with will assist with the assessment of your claim. Proof of dependency will also need to be submitted if requested on the claim form to determine your weekly benefits.

Q. How long does it take for a claim to be considered?
The initial assessment of your claim may take between 5 to 6 weeks, depending on the information required on your claim. Delays will occur where the forms have not been completed in full.

Q. Can I fax through my claim form?
Yes, however you will also need to send us the original claim form before to Total Claims Solutions considering a claim.

Q. If know I will be off work for more than 14 days – do I have to wait 14 days before having to send my claim form in?
No. If it appears that you are going to be off work for more than 14 days, you should complete a claim form and send it to Total Claims Solutions immediately.

Q. Do I need to take all my sick leave and my portable sick leave before claiming?
Yes, if you are off work as a result of an illness, it is a requirement that you must first exhaust all available sick days with your current employer and any portable sick leave days that you may have with Incolink.

Q. How can I find out how many PSL days I have accrued?
You will need to contact Incolink on (03) 9639 3000 who will advise you of any days accrued .

Q. What is the maximum benefit period I can claim for?
Weekly benefits are only payable for a maximum period of 156 weeks whilst deemed medically unfit to work as a result of your injury or illness or such lesser period whilst you are unable to return to work, or limited to 104 weeks if aged 65 at time of incapacity.

Q. Can I claim my medical bills?
No, there is no cover available for medical costs. Cover is only for weekly benefits whilst you are medically unfit to work as a result of an injury or illness.

Q. How are my payments made?
Payments are made fortnightly in arrears whilst we have a current medical certificate. Payments can be either made by cheque or Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT).

Q. Where do I get a claim form?
You will need to contact Total Claims Solutions on (03) 9663 2411 for a claim form to be sent or you can download the claim forms from here or visit Total Claim Solutions

Q.Where is Total Claims Solutions?

Total Claims Solutions is located on Level 1, 151 Rathdowne Street, Carlton, Victoria.

Q. Once my claim is approved how long until benefits are paid?
Payment can be made the same day the claim has been approved providing Total Claims Solutions have a Medical Certificate on file for the applicable periods. Payments are made by cheque or EFT. If payments are made by EFT, funds will appear within 48 hours. If payments are made via cheque, the cheque will be posted within five (5) working days.

Q. What are my obligations when I have made a claim?
You must follow medical advice and treatment from your treating medical practitioner at all times after sustaining your injury/illness; and at our expense, undergo any medical examination by a doctor appointed by Total Claims Solutions, if required. Failure to comply may result in your claim payments ceasing.

Q Who can I talk to if I need help in filling out the form?
A Ask to speak to one of the case managers at Total Claims Solutions, by:

Phone: (03) 9663 2411
Email: totalclaims@totalclaims.com.au
Incolink’s Industry Liaison Officer
Russell Wilson
Phone: 0408 607 737
Email: russellw@incolink.org.au


Q. Does an apprentice receive redundancy contributions as an apprentice?
Unless otherwise stipulated in a work place agreement, apprentices do not receive redundancy contributions until they become a qualified in their trade.

Q. What are apprentice days?
Employers are required to provide the number of days an apprentice works on a commercial/industrial construction site on a monthly basis as the apprentice receives insurance cover under the Personal Accident Leisure Time Insurance scheme.

Once the apprentice completes their apprenticeship, has worked on a commercial construction site for 12 months and has subsequently received 52 weeks of redundancy contributions, the days reported by employer/s during an apprenticeship convert to money and are credited to the employee's account.

Q. When does an apprentice qualify to make a claim?
Refer to the Incolink Apprentice guide here. Download the Application of Payment of Apprentice Credits form here.

Q. What is the Incolink Smartphone App for?
The free Incolink Smartphone app allows workers to access their Incolink account to check their contributions, monitor Portable Sick Leave and any pay outs that have been made. Workers can also access to assist with insurance claims and contact Member Services and more.

Q. How do I get it? 
If you have an iPhone, go to the App Store and do a search for Incolink. For Android: go to the Play Store and do a search for Incolink. The app is free.

Q. How do I access my account on the app?
You will need to register to use WorkerLink. You can do this via the app or online at {link}. Once you have registered, sign in to the app using your membership number and password.