Critical Incident Support
A critical incident is any event which has the potential to overwhelm the usual effective coping skills of a group of people,
Examples of Critical Incidents include:
- "Near misses on site"
- Injuries on site
- Suicde of fellow worker or friend
- Workplace fatalities
Given that every incident is unique Incolink will adapt its response to meet your needs.
This could include:
- Providing a presence on site
- Large or small group debrief
- Individual support
Incolink has established a set of Critical Incident Response Guidelines working with site managers and union officials to provide debriefing and/or counselling sessions to groups or individual workers post an incident.
At the scene
- Stay calm, take control, be directive, delegate where possible
- Secure safety at the scene of the incident for yourself and others
- Administer first aid to casualties
- Call emergency services
- Advise key people on-site and off-site
- Call Incolink to discuss response options 1300 000 129
- Report to work group detailing the event and the welfare of those affected
- Monitor on site stress levels and recovery of work group
- Liaise with Incolink to arrange post-incident follow up
- Include yourself in accessing support
- Play the linking role - speak to Incolink to discuss support options.