FOCUS ON: Getting A Job - Incolink Job Support
Posted on Feb 21, 2017
In the beginning of the year demand for workers and apprentices in building and construction grows as projects are starting. If you are looking for work did you know that Incolink has a Job Support team offering services that may help you?
What the Job Support team can do for you?
- Our jobs list can match you with employers and opportunities specific to your qualifications, skills and experience
- Experienced Employment Advisors can assist with your resume
- We can provide careers and training advice to support your search for new tickets
- Registering may extend period of cover for basic insurances provided by Incolink to members (conditions apply)
How to registerThe best way to register is to go online at incolink.org.au for easy access to your WorkerLink account. From WorkerLink you can register for the service. Alternatively, call an Incolink Employment Advisor on (03) 9668 3061
Top tips for looking for work
- Many jobs in the industry are found by word-of-mouth. Talk to people you met on your last job and see if they know of any available jobs.
- Get your resume in order – contact our Job Support Team who will help you build a strong resume
- Make the most of your resume – briefly explain each job and don’t just list them.
- Make sure that your resume shows what you can do for an employer. Mention the time you; Took on any extra duties Got any tickets just for that job Managed other workers
- Stay in contact with us to keep an eye on the latest opportunities
- Tap every resource – look online, read your local newspaper, visit Centrelink, check newspaper business tenders section to see which building companies may have future work
- Put your best foot forward and show your initiative by calling construction businesses to ask them if there is work available
- Don’t text or email if you have applied for a job – follow up with a phone call
Other news you might like
Sep 16, 2021
The Victorian Government has today announced important changes to operations in the construction industry. In order to continue working, construction worke...Read more
Sep 02, 2021
As the safety net for construction, we've been working hard to deliver an on-site COVID-19 Vaccination program – making it easier for construction workers ...Read more